The basics of AdSense are easy, but there are lots of tips and tweaks to improve results. Where you place the ads on the page, the type of ad units you choose, the format of the ads and more all play a role. For example, text ads often get better results than graphical banners. That is probably because people ignore banners as obvious ads, but the text ads look more like the rest of the content on the Web site.
In fact, making the ads blend in with the site content will increase the number of clicks the ads receive. This can be done by choosing colors that blend with the site’s color scheme.
There are three factors that influence how much you can earn with Google AdSense:
* The number of ad impressions (how many people see the ads);
* The click-through rate (how many people click on the ads); and
* The value of the keywords (how much advertisers bid and pay).
Although I have done better than I expected with AdSense, my goal is now to dramatically increase my AdSense income. The factor that is most easily under my control is the number of ad impressions. So, my first step is to focus on increasing ad impressions.
To do that I am:
* Inserting the AdSense code on more pages of my sites. I am now adding Google AdSense to all of my article pages at IdeaLady.com as well as at new sites I am launching.
* Increasing the number of content pages on which I can place Google AdSense. That means adding more article pages.
Yesterday morning I added Google AdSense to some additional pages at IdeaLady.com. In less than 24 hours, I saw a 50% increase in ad impressions. The best part? Revenues for the day were 50% higher than average, too. This is only one day’s result, however, it is encouraging to see results so quickly.
My next steps will be to continue adding content pages and ads, and to test ad placement and format to see what works best on my site. I will keep my Insiders informed of my progress as I have more data to share.
If you are currently using Google AdSense on your site, look for ways to increase your ad impressions. Add the code to more pages, increase the ad units on each page (within the Google Terms of Service), and/or add more content pages with ads.
If you do not have an AdSense account: http://www.google.com/adsense