Note from Cathy: I found this post from Dan Janal interesting. It is a mixed bag of goals, action steps, aspirations and changes in attitude. Taken together, these things can certainly make a difference for Dan—or for you. Some of these are really vague (“Promote my services.”) and would be hard to measure, but others are very specific and actionable. If you want to make a list, I would suggest setting goals (such as adding 3000 people to your mailing list) and focusing on specific things you are going to do every day, week or month to make those things happen. Here is Dan’s list to give you some food for thought.
They say that to keep a goal, you have to go public. That creates accountability. Now it is your job to hold my feet to the fire.
- Spend 15 minutes a day answering questions and posting messages on LinkedIn Groups that reach my target audience. That’s not a lot of time, and it can provide a lot of exposure to the right audiences. Plus, it is free!
- Aggressively promote my new speaking topics for entrepreneurs: I deliver keynote speeches to entrepreneurs, franchise owners and independent professionals. I show them how to become financially free and lead a balanced life using unique, proven principles I’ve learned.
- Ask for the order.
- Promote my services.
- Not care about people who unsubscribe.
- Appear on 3 webinars, podcasts, blog radio shows, etc. per month. No event is too small. I like helping entrepreneurs who are starting out.
- Get 2 keynote speaking engagements per month at full fee.
- Increase Google+ links from 600 to 1,000.
- Increase mailing list from 7,000 to 10,000.
- Identify and overcome limiting beliefs.
If you are in a position to hire me, host me on your event, or refer me to your clients, I would very much appreciate it. Email me at Dan@prleads.com to make an appointment.