Sometimes the hardest part of writing an article, blog post or report is coming up with the topic and title. However, there is a free online tool that can help you the next time you need to write something and you are fresh out of ideas.
Watch this video to see how it works:
Portent’s Content Idea Generator takes any subject and generates random topic ideas. Let’s say your subject is “cooking.” Enter it in the generator and the first result I get is “If You Read One Article About Cooking, Read This One.” Hit the refresh button, and I get “14 Ways Cooking is a Dying Art.” Let’s keep going. Here are a few more:
- “Shocking Ways Cooking Will Make You Better in Bed” (That will get attention!)
- “How Hollywood Got Cooking All Wrong”
- “15 Ways to Become the MacGyver of Cooking”
- “19 Great Articles About Cooking”
- “How Cooking Changed How We Think About Death” (Maybe you don’t want to use “death” in a post about cooking. What about “How Cooking Changes How We Think About Family” or some other topic?)
- “17 Problems with Cooking”
- “Unbelievable Cooking Success Stories” (Or turn it on its head with “Unbelievable Cooking Disasters.”)
Those are not all winners, but most of them could work. Watch the video for some of my ideas on how to modify these titles to make them work for you. Change the number, change a word, turn it around. Use what the generator shows you as inspiration for something that works better for you. With a little fudging, just about any of the titles you get could work.
Give it a try the next time you need to create a blog post or other content.