This website is filled with strategies and techniques you can use to increase your visibility, attract customers and grow your business. Do you read them, think, “Hmmm, I’ll have to try this sometime,” then go on to the next thing and forget all about it?
This week, today, make a commitment to yourself that you will do something NOW.
Don’t wait for the perfect moment to start. Don’t think you can’t do anything until you’ve constructed a grand plan. Just pick something to do, and do it. Then, do it again. And again. Until it’s a habit.
When you’re ready, add another strategy and continue until it too becomes a habit. Soon, creating new opportunities will be automatic, and customers will be seeking you out.
So, what will it be today? How about trying one of these:
- Call a past customer and ask for a referral. Or ask the customer what you could do for them today.
- Send a thank you note to a customer.
- Publish some of your already-written content as an ebook for Kindle, Nook, iPad, etc.
- Book a speech. There are local events using speakers everyday. Step up and offer to speak at one of them.
- Post something to your blog, then promote the post on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
- Send a press release, or make a phone pitch to the media.
- Write an article or special report and post it to a content sharing site.
- Post to that forum or email group you’ve been lurking in.
- Ask someone influential to lunch. Or ask if you can interview them.
- Choose a topic and date for a teleseminar and start planning it.
- Make that phone call you’ve been putting off.
See? None of these is particularly hard. Many of them would take just a few minutes to implement. But they could produce results today and far into the future.
Make a promise to yourself to do at least one thing today. Make appointments with yourself and plan on doing one thing everyday to build your business.