This is a guest post from small business coach Jennifer Davey on the five best strategies to get new clients.
Out of all the strategies you can use to get new clients for your business, here are the 5 that I’ve found to be among the most effective.
1. Schedule plenty of time to develop your business. Open up your outlook and schedule time, and then actually TAKE the time. If you don’t set aside time to market your business, you’ll never get around to it. During your scheduled “working on your business” time, shut down your email, switch off your phone, and focus on building your business.
2. Know your niche. If you want to get clients, you have to know your niche. This gives you the important information you need when it comes to reaching your target market. It also clarifies how you should spend your time and energy. Don’t try to market to everyone. Find your niche, and live happily there. Trust me, it works.
3. Be the expert. Your potential clients are looking for the most qualified person in your field to work with. Be that person. You’ll earn more money this way, and you’ll be given opportunities to show what you can do, which will lead to even more income in the future.
4. Stay in touch with your network. Never go too long without communicating with your contacts and associates. Let them know what you’re doing, and don’t be afraid to request referrals.
5. Follow up. In many cases, you have to reach out to a potential client at least seven times before he or she decides to work with you. If you stop making an effort to connect with clients and potential clients, this gives your competitors the perfect opportunity to swoop in and steal your future business right out from under your nose after YOU spent time priming them for the sale..
Small Business Coach and Marketing Strategist, Jennifer Davey, is the author of the “Getting Clients Home Study Program”, the step-by-step guide to getting clients, building your business and making more income. For a FREE copy of her 14-Step Formula for Getting Clients and Report “What you Need to Know to Be Successful at Getting Clients” visit http://jjscoaching.com/free-marketing-tips/