Chances are that you have attended teleseminars and webinars, but have you ever presented one? For many people, the idea of putting on a webinar is intimidating. The technology can seem complicated and you have to prepare visuals, so it might be more than you want to take on, especially if you are not accustomed to presenting.
Although webinars do not have to be as difficult as you may think they are, there is a simpler option: teleseminars. Teleseminars are as easy as talking on the phone. You can do that, right? The technology is simple, and there are no visuals to worry about.
Webinars can be useful when your topic is visual or requires demonstration, but teleseminars are perfect for most topics. Your audience may prefer them because they don’t have to sit in front of their computers for an hour or more to get the information. They can listen on their phones or download the replay to an iPod or phone and listen while they commute or work out.
Most teleseminar platforms allow you to choose connecting over the telephone or with your computer, so there is no special equipment or software required, for you or your audience. The cost ranges from inexpensive to free, and even most free platforms offer a lot of features.
Still not convinced you should be doing teleseminars? Here are ten reasons why you should.
1. You can earn more money. There are many ways to profit with teleseminars. Indirectly, your presence on teleseminars will enhance your expert status and attract customers to your business. You can get coaching and consulting clients by doing teleseminars. Get some tips on how to become a certified executive coach | at Center for executive coaching. But you can also charge to attend the teleseminar or charge for access to a recording.
2. Presenting and hosting build your reputation. If you want to build authority, teleseminars are a fabulous way to do it. Use teleseminars to share your expertise, or interview other experts. As you begin to attract well-known guests, your reputation grows by association. Bonus benefit: You also get to practice and improve your speaking skills.
3. You will add new people to your email list. Do free teleseminars to get more people on your email list. Use a recording of a teleseminar as a gift when people join your list. Even better, charge for your teleseminars and start building a customer list. When someone has given you money once (even a nominal amount) they are more likely to do it again.
4. Training is a good way to enhance customer support. Offer teleseminars to customers who have purchased your product. It gives them a chance to answer questions so they get the most out of the product. Getting them involved with you and your product can also reduce the number of refunds.
5. You can create a recurring revenue stream. Make your teleseminars a part of a membership program. Hold regular weekly or monthly events for members who pay a monthly fee, and create new revenue streams.
6. Hosting teleseminars is inexpensive, or even free. There are several free teleseminar services you can use that will even enable you to easily record the teleseminar. Want a more robust solution? You can get a 21-day trial of Instant Teleseminar for just $1. Instant Teleseminar has lots of features that are especially useful when you are charging for access or when you have prospects all over the world.
7. Teleseminars work even if you hate to sell. You can make money with teleseminars even if you hate to sell. How? Interview someone else who has great information to share and also wants to promote their product to your audience. They wow your peeps, then do a pitch for their product. You get affiliate commissions on any sales. It is win-win-win for you, your guest and your audience.
8. You can use teleseminars to create information products. Turn your teleseminar into an information product by selling a recording of the teleseminar as a download. Get it transcribed and and sell the transcript or edit it into a book or ebook. Create a product bundle with several teleseminars on related topics.
9. Teleseminars are a great way to joint venture with other experts. By working with other people who have expertise related to yours, you can expand your reach. You promote them to your audience, they promote you to theirs and you can both get more customers.
10. You can promote your products with teleseminars. You don’t have to do a 30-minute pitch for your products (nor should you in most cases). However, can certainly make an offer to people on the call. Include a call to action and create a sense of urgency by limiting the offer to a short period of time or just a few people.
Add teleseminars to your mix of products and promotions and you can massively expand your business. You will build stronger relationships with your customers, and create more awareness of you, your products and your services in your market.